A sophisticated appetizer or a cruel joke for Halloween treats hunters. The recipe of liver pate truffles by Natalia Legkih @de_light_kitchen
Liver pâté is a great appetizer by itself. But this way of serving will make it (and you) a hero of the evening. Or wrap it like candies, give liver pate truffles in chocolate instead of sweet treat and enjoy the reaction.
The original recipe of liver chocolate truffles includes foie grass, duck or goose liver, and dark chocolate. For this you would need to freeze the pate balls, pour chocolate on them and let “the candies” cool down in the fridge. This recipe sounds like a beginning of a romantic dinner, doesn’t it?
Halloween Liver Candies Video Recipe
- 400 g chicken liver
- 200 g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp cognac
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2-3 tbsp caaco
- 2-3 tbsp seeds chia, sesame, flax
- olive oil
- Fry the liver in olive oil on a high heat for 5 minutes. Add cognac, fire it. Or, if you are not ready for this technic, let it evaporate. Add butter, simmer until it’s fully cooked.
- Mix liver and cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg until smooth in blander. Let cool in the fridge.
- Make small balls (it’s convenient to do by wet hand). Roll half of the balls in cacao, half in seeds.
- Serve in candy cups, or wrap in foil or paper to make it look like dessert.
More: Halloween Mummy’s Hand