The very easy keto chicken piccata from the TV series The Bear. Don’t watch this show hungry. Every recipe you see, you want to repeat. Every dish you see, you want to try.
If you like cooking and good TV shows, The Bear is for you. It’s a drama about a young fine-dining chef who comes back to Chicago to run a family restaurant. Alive characters, dynamic cooking scenes, and… food. Amazing food. After watching The Bear, you would want to add rosemary to the cream cooking purée (hopefully cauliflower or broccoli purée rather than potato purée) and cook “Mom’s Chicken”, or “Chicken Piccata.” Even though the original recipe contains flour, it’s easy to make Keto Chicken Piccata.
What is Chicken Piccata, or Mom’s Chicken, from The Bear?
It’s an Italian restaurant classic. It’s pretty easy to make, and you will never be disappointed with Chicken Piccata.
Piccata means pounded flat. In Italy, it’s more common to see veal piccata on a menu, while in the US, the chicken version is more popular.
Classic Chicken Piccata is made from breasts, but we will use chicken thighs. It’s not a violation of the canon.
- 4 chicken thigh (large, boneless, skinless)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup broth
- 4 tbsp capers
- 4-6 tbsp butter (cut into pieces)
- 1/2 lemon (fresh juice)
- parsley (chopped)
- pinch salt
- Season the chicken lightly with salt. You can also use almond flour or smashed pork rinds for sprinkling, if you want to. Cook the chicken on medium heat. After that, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Put the shallot, crushed garlic, and capers in. Add wine and let it evaporate. Then there will be broth. When it’s evaporated, start adding butter pieces while whisking.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper. Continue to whisk until the sauce is golden and smells good. Assemble the chicken piccata by adding the sauce over the meat. Serve it. And enjoy!