Do you know how to make Gleneagles Terrine, Queen Elizabeth’s favorite pate? No? Let’s fix that.
The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for the Gleneagles Terrine to freeze in the fridge. It requires royal stamina. The rest is easy – chop, mix, layer. So unpack your food processors. If you don’t have one, use a knife; it will take a little more effort, but this pate is worth it.
Prep Time: 1 hour
- 900 g smoked salmon (thinly sliced and divided)
- 450 g smoked trout
- 450 g smoked mackerel
- 700 g unsalted butter (softened and sliced into six sticks)
- 1 tbsp dill (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp chives (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Line a 500 g loaf tin with plastic wrap, overlapping the sides. Take half of the salmon and line the sides and bottom. Important: overlap the top edge by two inches.
- Place the trout in a food processor and chop finely; add 2 peaces of the butter, dill and lemon juice. Chop again. After carefully spread the trout in a loaf tin and smooth the top. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Chop the mackerel finely into the food processor. Add two sticks of butter and blend until smooth. Take the loaf tin and spread mackerel on top of the trout layer. And back the loaf tin in the freezer for 10 minutes or more.
- Place remaining salmon in the food processor and chop it finely. Add two sticks of butter, chives and blend. Spread the smoked salmon on top of the mackerel.
- Fold the overlapping pieces of smoked salmon. Then cover with plastic wrap, and leave for 5 hours, better for overnight.
- Lift off top plastic wrap. Slice the terrine. Eat with salad leaves, with keto crackers or keto bread
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 962kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 51.5g | Fat: 83g
We are here for you!
We’ve made a visual guide – no more questions, what you can and can’t eat on the keto diet. We’ve checked carbs everywhere and make a clear summary.
7 thoughts on “Gleneagles Terrine- The Queen’s favorite pate”
Wow! Looks tasty) 😋😋😋
From the moment I read this recipe, I couldn’t think about else, but this pate. And, finally, I’ve made it.
And, you know, it’s not so good, like it sounds….
It’s much, much better. All family is in love! Thanks a lot!!!
Wow! Gonna cook it today.
What could be simpler and tastier?
So. I did. I’m not a big fish fan, but this is the rockin’ bomb! And it’s really hard to wait))))
Sounds so so great. Can’t wait to try this recepie
Nice idea to eat more fish👌👍