Meet keto zucchini pizza in a mini version. No gluten. No dough. Super easy. Super tasty.
Zucchini pizza is a typical summer story when guests come not with a bottle of wine, but with a bag of vegetables from their own garden. And it is so tasty, so different from what is sold in stores most of the year, that many keto adepts switch to the liberal LCHF. How can one resist summer vegetables?
When it comes to zucchini, it totally goes out of control. You’ve already cooked ratatouille, pasta, squash spread, pancakes, and even charlotte… but zucchinis are still everywhere around your kitchen and seem to never end? Try this excitingly-delightful recipe!
And if your friends in the garden harvested not only zucchini and cabbage in our selection 11 Ukrainian Foods You Must Try has great recipes!
- 150 g zucchini (or another squash without seeds)
- 85 ml tomato paste (buy tomato paste without sugar or make your own tomato salsa or keto tomato sause)
- 40 g mozzarella (for pizza)
- 100 g salami or pepperoni
- basil (fresh, a couple of leaves)
- salt, pepper, spices (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/ 356oF. Cut the zucchini into slices 1-1.5 cm thick. Grate the cheese. Cut the pepperoni into small pieces to fit the zucchini. Chop the basil leaves.
- Put the zucchini circles on a baking paper, and bake for 2 minutes on each side. Then grease them with tomato sauce, sprinkle with mozzarella, and put pepperoni pieces on top. Add salt and pepper. Bake for about 15 minutes. Has the cheese started bubbling a little? Your mini pizzas with an Italian accent are ready! Take them out of the oven, and sprinkle with basil. Buon appetito!