Keto chicken breast recipes sound like a paradox. In most cases, it is useless for keto followers. But sometimes (sometimes is the keyword) white chicken meat can come in handy.
On keto, we first add fats, and then … reduce! Yes, it happens, although rarely. For example, when you reach a plateau and your weight stays for six weeks, or you seem to keep the diet right, but you are constantly hungry, your hair begins to fall out – these are clear signals of a protein lack…And keto chicken breast recipes are there to rescue you!
Chicken breast deserves an Oscar for high proteins and low calories. This is what you need right now to fill up with nutrients. Remember, you should not eat it this way for too long, because it won’t be the keto anymore.
Thigh is more suitable for keto – you will never forget a Сhicken Kiev from our collection 11 Ukrainian Foods You Must Try.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 1 serving
- 100 g chicken breast (no bones)
- 200 g white cabbage
- 5 ml olive oil
- 20 g grated cheese
- salt, pepper, spices (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180oC /355oF.
- Cut a quarter of a young head of cabbage, approximately 200 grams (high accuracy in grams is not needed). Then cut it into 3-4 pieces. The pieces should be flat, as they are going to be a pillow for the chicken steak. Smear cabbage pieces with oil, salt, and pepper. Also, you can add some garlic.
- Put the cabbage in a mold or on baking paper and bake for 20-30 minutes. The edges may begin to blacken – this is ok. But don’t burn them.
- At this time, beat off the breast. Then fry over high heat on a grill or non-stick frying pan. Add salt and pepper.
- Put the breast on the cabbage and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for another 5-10
minutes. A nutritious high-protein dish is ready!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 13g | Fiber: 4g
2 thoughts on “Paradox: Keto Chicken Breast Recipes”
This is totally my insight about protein. Before keto I wasn’t a meat-eater, and now often do not eat enough of it. I hope this will help me with hair loss.
My kid loves chicken