There are rice and milk in a classic recipe. To make keto cabbage rolls lactose-free and keto-friendly, we’ve made some changes. Spoiler: mushrooms and eggs.
Keto cabbage rolls dish needs some sourness, for example, from sour cream. But if you want it totally lactose-free, you can use coconut yogurt.
By the way, fermented products, like, dairy yogurts, practically have no lactose left, and beneficial bacteria in them often neutralize all problems. In general, the story is very individual – do not give up all dairy products “just in case”.
Other recipes from our collection of 11 Ukrainian foods you must try.
- 100 g minced pork
- 50 g mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 2 leaves cabbage
- 10 g parsley
- salt (and spices to taste)
- Fry the minced meat in one pan, and the mushrooms in another. Mix and add half of the parsley.
- Boil cabbage leaves for 3-5 minutes. Cool down. Wrap the stuffing and put them in a baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg and another part of parsley. Pour the stuffed cabbage with this mixture.
- Cook in the oven at 180oC /356oF for about 20 minutes (until cooked). Serve with coconut yogurt, if you wish.