IKEA revealed the secret of its signature meatballs. We found a few ingredients in it that weren’t keto-friendly, replaced them, and got a great keto meatballs recipe.
IKEA’s meatballs have fans like rock stars: 30% of all visitors come to the store just for them, and then for the jars. They are the most popular product, or as marketing director Gerd Diwald jokes, “Our meatballs are the best couch salesmen.” How good it is to have keto meatballs recipe.
The meatball recipe was kept secret for 26 years and was revealed to brighten up the quarantine for its fans. We wanted to please keto fans, so now we share the best keto meatballs recipe. You can also make stuffed cabbage rolls from minced meat. And the recipe is in our selection 11 Ukrainian Foods You Must Try.
Prep Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 500 g ground beef
- 250 g ground pork
- 80 g onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 100 g almond flour (or shredded toasted keto bread)
- 1 egg
- 75 ml heavy cream
- salt, pepper, spices (by taste)
- 5 ml olive oil (1 tsp)
- 40 g butter
- 40 g almond flour
- 150 ml vegetable broth
- 150 ml beef broth
- 150 ml heavy cream
- 10 ml tamari sauce (2 tsp)
- 5 ml sugar-free mustard (1 tsp)
- Mix ground beef and pork. Add finely chopped onion and garlic, almond flour or keto bread, and an egg. Mix thoroughly and then add milk, salt, and pepper.
- Roll into small balls. It comes to 30-40 pieces. Put them on a plate and leave them in the fridge for 2 hours so they can hold their shape while cooking.
- Pour a little oil into a frying pan and heat it over medium heat. Once hot, arrange the meatballs and fry them evenly on all sides.
- Place the meatballs on a baking tray and put them in an oven preheated to 180°C in regular mode or 160°C in convection mode. Leave them in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the sauce: melt the butter in a pan, add the almond flour, and stir for 2 minutes. Then pour in the broth and continue to stir. Then add heavy cream, tamari, and mustard. Bring it to the boil and wait for the sauce to thicken.
- Take out the meatballs, pour the sauce over them, and serve. Smaklig måltid! That means "bon appetit" in Swedish.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 665kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 58g | Fiber: 2g
3 thoughts on “Keto Meatballs Recipe￼”
Please invent keto cola, it will be my perfect combo with these meatballs))
Oh! I wish I could!
OMG this is soooo good