Are you looking for a shamelessly easy recipe? To make cantucci you’ll need just 6 ingredients and 10 minutes of your time.
Italians love relaxing, and possibly that’s why they are absolutely genius at cooking easy dishes. One of them is cantucci.
A beautiful name for a simple sea biscuit. But this one is more of an elite sea biscuit with almond. Roman legioners used to take them to long military campains, and Christopher Columbus ate cantucci in his sea expeditions that lasted for months.
You can store cantucci for a long time, even months. So they are good to play a role of your secret dessert that will bring a drop of serotonin when you’re feeling down. Our little advice: dip a cookie into tea or coffee, it will immediately fill up with flavor and smell of your drink, and then get even more nom-nomey.
- 2 eggs
- 120 gr powdered erythritol (self-milled will work)
- 160 gr almond flour
- 95 gr almond (unpeeled)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp anise (finely milled, cinnamon works too)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°С. Separate a yolk from one egg. Add another egg and erythritol.
- Add almond flour and stir again. Then add almonds and spices. Make your batter: the mass should be thick and sticky.
- Divide the mass in two, form something like a long loaf, but flatter. Grease it with the white you have left from the first egg. Put it in the oven.
- After 20-25 minutes of baking take it out and let it cool down. Cut it in even slices, 1 or 2 cms thick. Pour yourself a cup of espresso and buon appetito to you!