What? Vegan cashew mayo? How to make mayonnaise without eggs? Easy! You just need time, patience, a blender, and seeds for this recipe!
Of course, making this vegan cashew mayo recipe will result in a vegan sauce rather than a mayonnaise. This sauce is great for dressing your vegan dishes or just diversifying your culinary life.
The seeds have a brighter taste than cashews or avocados, so the sauce will be more flavorful and rich. By the way, sunflower seeds are a great source of fat and protein, which are often lacking in the diet during keto fasting, and they are also rich in vitamin E, potassium, magnesium, and zinc.
Prep Time: 5 hours
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 servings
- 100 g raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp mustard seeds (or mustard powder)
- 1 garlic clove
- 20 ml lemon juice (¼ of lemon)
- tamari sauce (or coconut aminos, by taste)
- Soak the seeds in hot water for at least 5 hours, then rinse, and grind in a blender.
- Add mustard seeds, the juice of a quarter of a lemon (if not enough, squeeze a half), tamari, and garlic to taste. Blend again, and the sauce is ready!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 26g