A step-by-step recipe on how to make chocolate fondant in just 20 minutes.
Chocolate fondant, chocolate volcano, lava cake, or even “melting chocolate” – this is what this dessert is called in different countries. But whatever you name it, it drives you crazy for one reason: the game of textures that smoothly change from warm viscous chocolate inside to a dense crust on the outside. And the magic is that every time it turns out differently.
We suggest adding to the fondant a note of hazelnut to soften the bitterness of the chocolate. In the recipe, you can use a mixture of hazelnut butter and cocoa, or homemade keto-nutella.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Servings: 6 serving
- 2 egg (large)
- 6 tbsp hazelnut butter (or paste)
- 60 gr erythritol (or 40 grams of allulose)
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder (sugar-free)
- pinch salt
- butter (to grease the mold)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F). Grease 6 cupcake paper cups with a large amount of soft butter.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, then add nut butter, sweetener, almond slime, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix well with a whisk or mixer. The dough should be liquid.
- Pour the dough into the cups. Put the fondants in the oven at a medium level and bake for exactly 8 minutes without convection. Do not open the oven during the process!
- Take the molds out – you may find that the top of the cakes is still a bit liquid. Let them cool for 5-7 minutes. They will tighten after this time. Carefully remove the fondants from the forms, and everything is ready!
If you decide to use a ready-made chocolate-nut paste, you will need to slightly change the proportions: take 8 tablespoons of paste and 2 tablespoons of cocoa. If the cupcakes are completely baked within the specified time, your oven is more powerful than ours, so next time you need to lower the temperature. When you use my refferal link on iHerb, I get a reward and can use it to order more ingredients and test more recipes. This is a cart with my regular order.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g