Homemade keto marshmallows for those who prefer the easiest recipes: tender, spongy and almost absolutely carb-free.
We’re used to marshmallows being full of sugar! So much that your teeth churn from only thinking about it. But there’s an option to make homemade keto marshmallows with almost no carbs, using just four ingredients (one of them being water).
Don’t forget about the low-carb club rule: the best fruits are berries, and the best berries are the seasonal ones, the ones that were not delivered into your local supermarket from the other end of the world.
- 300 gr raspberry (or another seasonal berry to your liking)
- 15 gr gelatine
- sweetener (to taste)
- 3 tbsp water
- Soak gelatine in cold water, let it rest for enough time to bloom.
- Make a puree out of your berries. If you're not a fan of seeds, you can sift berries through a sieve, squeeze through a cheesecloth.
- Make a steambath and steam your puree. You should warm it up really good without letting it boil. Then drop the gelatine into the hot mass. Let it cool down a bit and then whip the mass: it will get lighter in color and get bigger in volume (approx. times two).
- Line your pan with a cooking film and put your mass into it. Let it cool down into a fridge. Then take out, cut into pieces and om-nom-nom!