The ideal steak recipe is like a unicorn – sometimes it feels like it doesn’t exist. Here we reveal the simple rules of how to cook the perfect steak.
Those who have switched to a keto diet, even more a carnivore, one day wonder how to cook the perfect steak so it doesn’t turn into an outsole. Here are the tips.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 serving
- 150 g beef (rib-eye, t-bone, filet mignon etc.)
- 100 g tomatoes
- 100 g cucumbers
- 20 g olive oil
- salt, pepper, spices
- butter (optional)
- Heat a good non-stick pan to almost maximum (I set it at 8 out of 9). Place a piece of meat in the pan and cook for 1.5-3 minutes, depending on thickness and desired degree of doneness. Flip and do it again on the other side. If you want it more done, then turn down the heat to medium and roast for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Take the steak off the heat. Salt and pepper it. If desired, put melted butter on top. Serve it alongside a salad.
- Meat should be at least 1.5 cm thick.
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator a couple of hours before cooking so that it will be at room temperature.
- Always season it with salt AFTER roasting so that it does not release its juices.
- Let the meat rest for a few minutes before serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 28g | Fiber: 4g