Both healthy and yummy. Taste our avocado sauce, and you won’t come back to a hi-carb mayonnaise!
This vegan avocado sauce feels like mayonnaise, tastes like mayonnaise, but the only thing – it’s green. The secret is the fruit. A ripe and fairly soft avocado would be the best.
Definitely, different types of avocado taste different. Everyone’s favorite Hass or the less-known Semil would be too sweet and nutty for the “mayonnaise”. A more neutral, grassy Fuerte fits better. Ideally, use Gwen: it tastes like scrambled eggs for some people.
- 140 g avocado (pulp of 1 medium ripe fruit without a pit)
- 20 ml lemon juice (from a quarter of a lemon)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (or mustard powder)
- salt, pepper, spices (to taste)
- Peel avocado and beat the pulp in a blender.
- Grind mustard seeds in a coffee grinder.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, and juice of a quarter of a lemon to the avocado.
- Beat again. Taste the sause, and if it doesn't feel bright enough, you can add more mustard or salt.