Lenten keto is complicated, but we have some ideas for simple vegan baked cabbage recipe. One of them is cabbage with tofu and lemon sauce.
What are the perks of dishes that are cooked in the oven? Most of them come down to simple steps – chop, season, and forget… The main thing is to turn them off on time and take them out! This is almost the same story with baked cabbage recipe. The main success of them is a young cabbage head or, at least, a small one with tender leaves.
Flavorful, juicy, slightly crispy cabbage is delicious, healthy, and just om nom nom! It can be a side dish or will nicely diversify your menu on Lenten days. If you’re fasting, be careful about the amount of protein. In this recipe, we use tofu as its source.
- 1½ kg white cabbage
- 460 g tofu
- 40 ml olive oil (4 tbsp)
- 30 g lemon juice (3 tbsp)
- salt, pepper, spices (add generously)
- lemon wedges and olive oil for serving
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Grease a baking tray or mold with half of the olive oil.
- Cut the cabbage head into 8 roughly equal slices. The tofu can be left in "bars", or you can cut it into cubes. Place everything in a mold or on a baking tray.
- Mix the olive oil and juice. Grease the cabbage and tofu on all sides. Season them generously with salt and pepper.
- Place them on a medium level in the oven. After 10-15 minutes, flip (or stir the tofu cubes) and bake for another 10-15 minutes. But if the tofu or cabbage has turned caramel brown earlier, you can shorten the cooking time.
- Serve the cabbage and tofu hot with lemon slices and olive oil.